As we all know, electricity and energy can be very expensive. We need to spend a lot from our household budget for power bills. Building a biogas generator could be a cheaper option. Prairie generator is a kind of biogas generator. In this article, I will discuss about biogas and prairie generator.
Biogas is a mixture of different gases. It is produced by the breakdown of organic matter in the absence of oxygen. It is composed of about 60% methane and about 35% carbon dioxide. The remaining elements are nitrogen, hydrogen,hydrogen sulfide, oxygen, and some impurities. You can use food waste such as leftover food scraps, old vegetables, used tea bags, leaves, weeds, grass clippings, etc. as organic waste. These can be broken down for biogas production. Biogas is a clean burning fuel. It is also considered as climate neutral.
Biogas generator is one of the most cost-effective and environmentally sustainable ways to generate power for household consumption. It works by breaking down organic waste, biomass, sewage, manure, and other green waste. The process is called anaerobic digestion. The breakdown of the biodegradable organic material takes place in a biogas digester tank. The process produces biogas that is used as the biofuel to generate power.
Prairie generator is a kind of biogas generator. Like an ordinary biogas generator, it uses your household’s organic waste and makes it into biogas.
The Advantages of a Prairie Generator
A prairie generator has a lot of advantages over other kinds of power generators. They are described below.
- Using biogas is cheap. This is important because of the ever increasing prices of oil and gas.
- You can use it in a small scale environment.
- You can get rid of your organic waste for free. At the same time, you will be generating free power.
- Building a prairie generator is easy. You can build it yourself at home.
- You can become energy independent. This means, you do not have to rely on local power company anymore.
- As biogas is environment friendly, so is prairie generator. It does not contribute to global warming.
- Biogas is also a green and renewable source of fuel.
- This generator is fueled using common and easily found organic materials. These can be decaying fruits and vegetables, leaves, or grass clippings. You can get all these for free or at a very low price.
- By using it, you will not need to worry about power shortages again.
- It requires very low maintenance.
Disadvantages of a Prairie Generator
It also has some disadvantages. They are:
- Methane is dangerous. Therefore, you need to keep your generator away from fire. Additionally, you should not smoke near it.
- There is risk of suffocation, because of lack of oxygen. Therefore, you need to be in a well-ventilated area or outdoors.
- It may generate power slower than natural gas generators.
Considering all the points, prairie generator can be very helpful for any household.